Saturday, July 17, 2010

Buffalo, The Last Day



Sunday morning we got up, had breakfast, and took another swim in the pool. It was time to gather our things, and check out of the hotel. We had significantly more than we came with, so several trips to the car were needed. We got it all, even the nutmeg geranium from the windowsill. We headed up to Lancaster Avenue for our last garden tours. What you see is the last picture I have. Apparently my camera batteries were dead. It's too bad . I had a gorgeous long shot taken from an immaculately groomed side garden,through an archway,the front yard, and ending with the fence and garden of the neighbor across the street in the distance. It was one of those great images that was in the camera and then lost forever.I'll have to remember that one in my head.

It was time to say our goodbyes and head for home. With a brief stop to obtain a lentil and wheatberry sandwich for Ed from Amy's Place, we were on our way.

I met a lot of great people, authors, professional garden writers, and gardeners. I visited many fantastic gardens. It was exhilerating, exciting, exhausting and fun! I learned something about myself. I'm a just gardener who writes about the garden I love. I'm happy to get back to doing that.

2 comments:

Kyna said...

Well, lucky you got this picture, because I think it's really cool :D Cameras always seem to die and just thr wrong time.

gunther6 said...

Becky- I enjoyed talking with you. Your site is great. Congratulations on being recognized in Buffalo. Say Hi to Ed for me. Phyllis Gunther