Friday, May 20, 2011

May Flowers Between Showers

The white shooting stars, have incredibly short stems. Perhaps the are waiting for the sun to grow taller.

The pink shooting stars seem to be loving the rain.

My 'Jack Frost' Brunnera has beautiful little blue flowers, and such lovely leaves

Ed got a perfect shot of this bleeding heart. The weeds have not been pulled, but at least they are out of focus.

Between the attractive leaves and the lacy flowers this 'Sugar and Spice' Tiarella is a delight.

The Kathy Purdy's Narcissus are fragrant and attractive. Again the weeds are out of focus.

There are years when we think we have the upper hand in the garden. Things get planted on time. Weeds get pulled . For the most part the garden bends to our wishes. This is not one of those years. Mother Nature is in control and we are painfully aware of it. Everything is growing in response to the daily rain, especially the weeds and the lawn. We did get a little sun today. You'll have to excuse me now, I have wet garden clothes to launder.

4 comments:

Donna said...

the weeds are the best growers right now with the lawn since nothing can be done when daily it rains....hopefully this weekend I will get planting done but the weeding will have to wait until next weekend...then I will be pulling them in earnest except the horsetail....pull, pull, pull and it returns...looking to buy some native groundcovers in hopes they will force it out and weaken it...your flowers are coming along beautifully

Sheila Read said...

That is a beautiful close-up of the bleeding heart. And "sugar-and-spice" tiarella is new to me but I love it. I've fallen in love with tiarellas the last couple of years ...

Don't worry about the weeds in the photos. It's funny, though, how posting photos on a blog makes me more aware of weeds creeping into the frame. But I'm going for a relaxed look in the garden as part of my focus on native plants and gardening for wildlife, so I try not to obsess ...

Liz said...

Gorgeous Pictures!

Fishtail Cottage said...

Blog hopping & just came across your darling gardening blog...I host a garden party on Thursdays & would love to have you link up sometime???? xoxo, tracie