Thursday, February 4, 2010

Winter Thyme In The Garden



This morning as I drank my coffee and gazed out the window , I watched as once again a fox came trotting down the path on the hill toward the garden. I called to Ed, but the fox's speed was fast enough that by the time Ed got out of his chair to see, only tracks in the snow remained. The fox had disappered into the brush.

This afternoon I took the camera out to the garden. Most of the garden is covered in snow. I did catch some woolly thyme peeking out of the snow on the South facing edge of the stone patio.



These are some tracks made by the fox this morning. They are not quite a neatly made as they would be if the fox had been moving slowly. The rabbit tracks that are on either side of the fox tracks were made before or after the fox went by. I know there was no rabbit there at the time. That's lucky for the rabbit.



It's not only the fox who makes use of Ed's paths. This rather large rabbit hopped right through the garden staying on the path the entire way. It would be so nice if all the critters would be so polite. Smaller bunnies have been slipping through the wire and nibbling on the kale. This garden that seems so quiet sure has a lot of traffic!

3 comments:

Kyna said...

I love animal tracks in the snow :D Here all we see are animal tracks in the clay/mud lol.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Becy even though I don't actually SEE them .. I find a lot of "bunny beans" in my garden come Spring ! LOL
Joy

Jan said...

Wow, those are some good sized rabbit tracks!