Monday, September 29, 2008

Ed was So Right!

This spring when I dug out the shriveled remains of this chrysanthemum, I was positive it was history. One small piece of root showed a tiny bit of green. I was ready to toss it on the compost, but Ed potted it up confident that it would grow. It's a good thing I didn't bet the farm on that one. He was so right! There it is healthy and blooming. It's so nice to see flowers now as most of the garden is going to seed. Planted in good soil and with a well established root system, this mum has a real chance at another comeback!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had the same sort of surprise with one of our mums this spring. When I dug it up in April it was growing little shoots. I never thought it would bloom but it is huge now and just bursting with buds! I can't believe it managed to overwinter.

And by the way, I LOVE your front page photo. Are those dahlias? They are so beautiful!

Becky said...

No,they are pink double poppies.

Anonymous said...

Poppies! They are enormous!