Monday, September 13, 2010

Keeping A Close Eye On The Tuberose



I've heard that a watched pot never boils. I hope that doesn't apply to the blooming of a tuberose. This picture was taken at about 8:30 this morning.



This picture was taken at 3:30 this afternoon. I can see definite progress. The big question is whether the fragrant flowers will open before the cold really arrives. I know the plant is not happy with our night temperatures, and it's getting colder.
The clump is planted in the ground, not in a pot so I can't just lift it and bring it indoors. Maybe I will cut a stem, or maybe I'll ask Ed to dig it up anyway. In the meantime I wait and watch. Perhaps all this tuberose drama will teach me to research these tropical plants before I buy them, not after. I really don't like to be guilty of plant abuse. Then there is the patchouli, but that's another long story.

No comments: