Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Ticked Off Again!


Honestly all I did yesterday was put on my coat and hat and gloves and walk around taking a few pictures.  It was pretty cold out.  There is still lots of snow to be found.  Very few plants are showing growth.  My pink Trout Lilies and a chickweed shown above are definitely the exception to the rule.


I stopped and took a few moss pictures.  The one above is called Moss Falls and Sumac Balls.  Poetic isn't it?  I'm a poet and don't know it.  I rhyme all the time.


I snapped this cool lichen picture too.  When I started to  get cold I came inside.  It was all so much fun who would have thought that I would be so ticked off this morning?  Certainly not I!  When I got up and looked in the mirror I couldn't believe my eyes.  Right there where I could see it, just about where you put your hand to say the Pledge of Allegiance was a tick.  Now I am careful about wearing light colors, tucking my pants into my socks and using some kind of repellent when I walk in the garden.   I thought it was too early and too cold.  Duh!  Now the tick is gone, removed, annihilated but my disgust lingers on.  I'l be watching that sore spot for any signs of trouble.  I'll be going back out there, but today I am so ticked off again!

1 comment:

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Wow, that does seem too early for ticks! I'll have to be on the watch for them here, too. Take care!