Thursday, April 11, 2013

April Flowers For June


I can't remember a spring here when the early blooming bulbs have been so spectacular.  When I spoke to June today she said  she had no flowers in her garden now. These pictures are for her but also so that  I may remember their exquisite beauty that cheers me  in the early spring garden.  My  "Katherine Hodgkin" Dutch iris are a delight.


My solid color Dutch iris have been  mixed and names have been lost.  That does not diminish their beauty which this year has lasted more than a week.


We have been enjoying the crocus blooms as well.  They still close at night and open during the day when it is warm enough for pollinators to visit.   I don't know how much longer they will last, but it has been an extraordinary year for these hardy spring flowers.

No comments: