Friday, October 25, 2019

Darned Deer Defense


Amy's Magnolia still has most of its leaves, but next year's buds are already formed.  They will wait patiently through the ice and snow of winter to open in the Spring.  There are many buds this year but the persistent ever present deer that consider our garden to be home have already left their mark.


I admit I have a very soft spot in my heart for those doe-eyed creatures, but when they nip those brand new fuzzy Magnolia buds off it makes me lose it.  Something had to be done!  Ed worked on out defense against those darned deer this afternoon.


The first line of defense is a wire fence. Today snow fence was added to that.  It is my hope that it will be a bit more intimidating.  Some extra wire cages were added around the outside of that.  I don't know if the deer will be impressed, but when I check out the window on the West end of the house I feel better.  Maybe I can keep Magnolia buds off the menu.  I will be watching!

No comments: