Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Frost In June, Seriously?


I am not thrilled to see the frost in the garden this morning.  It's June for Pete's sake!  It is a very lucky thing that I didn't get around to planting my tomatoes and basil yet.


Some spots have frost, others do not.  Clouds of vapor hang in the air in spots.  This one over the grass is filmy, but wherever water is, the river, ponds, puddles vapor rises like steam from a hot cup of coffee.


Some places the grass is white with frost.. Other places close by look to be frost free.


It must have been colder earlier because the frost on top of the car is frozen, but on the windshield ice is starting to melt and run down the glass.  There is nothing for it but to find the ice scraper and dig out my fuzzy purple hat.  This is a YMCA day.  I hope by the time Ed and I get back home all of this will be like a dream and June weather will have returned.  Maybe the basil and tomatoes will get planted tomorrow!

1 comment:

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Oh gosh, that is crazy! Is this the latest you've ever had frost? As you say, good thing the warm-weather crops hadn't gone in yet.