Friday, November 9, 2018

Morning Show, Afternoon Snow


This morning the ground was covered with a coat of white frost.  Before the sun came up it made it seem less dark outside.  Stars were still visible out the bathroom window.  The way the sun comes up behind the ridge sometimes makes for quite a light show.  This morning the color went from pale pink clouds to darker pink clouds and then to a deep, intense rosy color  that filled the sky.  Ed watched this exciting morning light show from bed.  I wanted a picture so I got up, grabbed the camera and opened the kitchen door long enough to snap this picture.  Since I was barefooted and wearing only my pajamas, the morning chill quickly sent me back to join Ed under the warm covers.  By the time I got back to bed  the fabulous light show was over.  Incredible beauty can be fleeting sometimes.   I'm glad I didn't miss it!



Later in the day predicted rain came down as snow.  The ridge in the distance that was highlighted so perfectly this morning is obliterated by the falling snow.   It is my habit to take note of the first snow here at the Stone Wall Garden.  Sometimes it comes as early as October.  Once it did not come until mid December.  The second week in November snow is to be expected.  I love the way the garden looks covered with snow.  For whatever reason I'm not quite as thrilled to see it this year.  Nonetheless it is a beautiful picture and the snow might be fleeting anyway. Who can say?

No comments: