Friday, June 28, 2013

When It Comes To Fungus Does Color Matter ?


When I found these fungi growing in one of my scented geranium pots, they struck a familiar chord.  For a very long time wiseacre gardens had been a favorite blog of mine. He has not posted for some time so I was delighted to be able to link to his post on white bird's nest fungus.  Now I wonder if my dark grey "eggs" in little nests are a bird's nest fungus or not.  It's amazing the things that are right there and we miss seeing them.  It was nice to be reminded of wiseacre.  I'm glad I can still visit and share his walks in the woods and his insightful knowledge of the things that grow there!

2 comments:

Beth at PlantPostings said...

I'll have to check out Wiseacre Gardens. Those are some rather interesting fungi you have there. I'm always fascinated by fungi, but I don't know them by name very well, and would never consume them based on my limited knowledge. But they are fun to discover!

CommonWeeder said...

I've had a lot of fungi popping up in the lawn and garden this spring because of all the rain. I have no idea what they are. And since I use woodchips on the vegetable garden paths there are lots of mycelium threads underneath. I hope that they are helping the vegetable beds.