Saturday, April 11, 2009

Basil Baby!



Our little basil plants started from seed are popping up nicely. We love basil! We planted spicy globe, lettuce leaf, Genovese, Aroma 2, Dani and Mrs. Burn's lemon, anise and Red Rubin.


These basil babies have a lot of growing to do, but that's good because they won't be happy outside until all danger of frost is past. TLC in the house will be needed for some time. Last year Memorial day was too early and my basil plants died a premature death. This year I hope to do better!

3 comments:

Daphne said...

My little basil babies are up too. They are so cute. I've only got two kinds though.

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

YUM!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Look at those babies GROW !! LOL
I love the look of the deep purple basil but I lost them too many times with unexpected COLD temps .. I gave up ; )