Monday, January 19, 2009

Stones and More Snow

On my trip to the basement to get the last butternut squash from the garden for another batch of African groundnut stew, I stopped to gaze out the window at the falling snow. More falling snow is building up on our mysterious ledge of snow. As I watched the whole thing became less mysterious. The flakes that fall directly on the ledge make it higher. That's not really a surprise. It's the flakes that almost brush by but catch on the edges and stick, that make it grow horizontally. It's a mesmerizing process. Speaking of flakes, who would stand there with onions , garlic and squash in their arms long enough to make such a discovery? The answer is obvious. That would be me! Fortunately I was able to break the spell . Lunch will be ready soon. It smells GREAT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

African groundnut stew sounds very interesting. I love Butternut squash. BTW Thank you so much for visiting my blog and faving me. Brrrr your weather look very chilly, albeit very beautiful.

Gardenista said...

Hello there. Thanks for the visit to my blog. Yes, I would love to post about Johnny jump-ups but alas am waiting for a while till such things grow outside. I plan to post soon though about my visit to the desert!