Friday, January 30, 2009

Fox Fun?

There's not much to see in the garden. It is mostly just white. The fox is on patrol however. In the past, I have watched out the window to see him walk along, then stop and tilt his head to listen. This is followed by a pounce, then he sticks his head in the snow. These tracks take me to that point, but after that I don't know.


It's obvious from the tracks that he didn't just go back to his straight walking stride. My hope is that he's finding those little brown , scurrying, furry creatures that hang out in the garden. The fewer of those the better. The darn things give me a stress test every time I see them. My shriek is not as loud as for a snake, but it's loud!

2 comments:

Daphne Gould said...

However the large furry brown things are ok? :> I loved the fox we used to have in our neighborhood. Sadly I haven't seen him in years and the chipmunks have run amok.

Anonymous said...

It's fun to follow the tracks and piece together the story that went with them. You have had many stories printed across your land.