Saturday, April 12, 2008

Giant Glory of the Snow


I got one of those great bulb catalogs with 50% off last fall. I just couldn't resist a sale like that. New bulbs make for some great surprises in the spring. Now that we have had some warm days and rain, the bulbs are exploding out of the ground. It is amazing how quickly they can grow. These are Giant Glory of the Snow. I've never had them before, but I think they are lovely. The dead looking plant in the background is a butterfly bush. The jury is still out on that one.

Because of the rain, and because I have been doing a lot of Benadryl induced sleeping, I have been absent from the garden for a couple of days. The itching is subsiding, so I hope to be back at it soon. The S word was mentioned in our forecast for tomorrow. It's April in Upstate New York, snow is to be expected.

No comments: