Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Garden Advice


Lots of gardeners talk to their plants.  I feel comfortable to be in that group.  My plants do not talk back to me, but looking at these photos of my Dutch Iris I am getting a message.  Plants have to bloom where they are planted.


Sometimes it is too cold, Sometimes it is too hot. Sometimes it is too wet. Sometimes it is too dry. Sometimes deer come along and nip them in the bud. Sometimes ...


All I can do as a gardener is try to help.  I placed a cage over them to keep the deer from coming back for seconds. It worked!


Today my Dutch Iris are safe inside their cage, soaking up the sunshine and blooming while they can.
Their blossoms are not perfect but that has not stopped them.  You can learn so much from your garden if you don't ignore it!  I could use some fresh air and sunshine too.  Things are far from perfect, but I'm not going to let that stop me either.


1 comment:

L or D said...

Too funny! They are trying so hard. We cage the apple trees, and this is our first year with tulips, so I'm expecting problems there, too. We did encircle all the tulips with daffodils. Maybe that will deter them.