Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Frost And Flowers


Frost on what we refer to here as lawn was light and patchy.


Frost on Ed's daylily leaves will not make much of an impression.


Frost on flowers is sometimes a different story.  Some flowers drop dead at Jack Frost's touch, some survive but never look quite the same but others take it in stride and keep on blooming.  I'm expecting these Sweet cicely flowers to be in that last group.


We have not yet planted our frost sensitive plants.  Ed brought the tomato , pepper,  and Heliotrope plants inside last night.  June 1 has always been our frost safe date.  You can't count on global warming.  By 9:00AM all of the frost will be gone.  I've become a bit frost sensitive myself.  I'll stay inside and enjoy the rest of my coffee and look at the beautiful  Amaryllis  flowers till then.

2 comments:

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Say it ain't so! What's your last frost date? Ours is usually mid-May. I'm hustling like crazy now to get all the plants in the ground! ;-)

Ed said...

We have had frost in June, but that is rare. https://stonewallgarden.blogspot.com/2009/06/frosted-in-june.html It should be pretty safe soon!