Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Snow Fun To Be Snowed In: Part 2


While Ed cleared the area where we park the car, I got the broom and began to clean the snow off the car.   I cleared the windows, but when I got to the top, I was only  able to clear the soft snow under the ice, the crust stayed put.


By the time I got to the back of the car I was becoming quite intrigued with the way the snow was just hanging there.  The defroster and heat in the car were beginning to make a difference.


I forgot how cold and tired I was and concentrated on my snow sculpture.  I thought it might fall apart at any moment!


I worked my way along the other side of the car.   I stopped for a few minutes and  sat in the car to warm my cold hands.  I didn't stay long since it was getting late and we were both ready to quit for the day.



When I finished  the hood I went in the house and got the camera.  By this time Ed had the cleared space ready for the car.   Being a tall person he had no trouble removing the ice from the top of the car.  He put the car back where it belongs, cleared up the rest of the plowed area and we went inside.  We were cold and we were tired, but now we could  go somewhere if we wanted to do it.  At this point we were happy to be back inside our warm home


Late at  night, just before bed I spent my time  downstairs with the cat.   I stepped outside the door for just a minute hoping to get a photo of the lunar eclipse.  Thin clouds obscured the view and only one star or planet shows in the picture,   I did not stay out long.  When I opened the door to go back inside Mithren came out but turned around immediately and went back inside.  He knew it was way too cold to be out there. When it is cold, snowing and blowing there is no place like home

No comments: