Monday, January 16, 2017

Ice Can Be Nice, Photos by Amy


Ed and Amy went for a walk this morning.  The sun was shining, but there was still a chill in the air.  I stayed in the warm house to make lunch and awaited their return.   Sunshine warmed things up quickly.  Tomorrow should be warmer still.  This interesting ice has probably already changed and will be gone soon.  It formed in the area near the base of the bedrock ridge.  Puddles form but there is no outlet for this water.  It simply drains in the gravel rich ground.


 By now these fantastic frozen footprints have certainly softened. Even if it freezes tonight the surface will be different.


Tiny needle sharp ice formations caught Amy's attention!  I can see why!


Here we have the classic ice crunching formation.  I know that this particular formation did not last but mere moments after this picture was taken.  If I had been there I would have crunched it myself!


I could not choose between this frozen ice picture and the next one!


With circles, straight lines, bubbles and bumps this cold image has a lot to say.  I'm thrilled I got to enjoy it before it melted!

No comments: