Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spring's Not Going To Happen



Springs not going to happen, not for my rosemary plants anyway. They were looking unwell and got moved downstairs because of it. This winter the plants in the basement had it tougher than usual, not because of the weather, but because of my knee, my access to the basement has been limited. Infrequent watering became nearly total neglect.




Both of these plants look dead. Looks do not deceive. Twigs snap right off. If the plant was still alive they should bend. No decision is required for these plants, tomorrow the rosemarys will be taken out to the compost. Their replacements have already been ordered. Nice new healthy plants instead of dead ones is definitely the way to go.

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Oops! But I bet they still smell nice...

Christine B. said...

Reading just the title of your post made me say "amen, sister!" It is still snowing and I just had to shovel the driveway again. Ah, the joys of March....

Christine in Alaska