Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Spring Preview



The garden is full of surprises. I never expected to see this beautiful little primrose in September. From the look of it the plant will stay green through the winter and then really bloom in the spring. This my first primrose. Amy picked it out, so it's cheery little flower, so welcome now, reminds me of her.

The moon flower bud we have been watching is looking a little brown. The nights are getting pretty cool for a delicate, tender flower. I don't think this one will open. There are more buds, if the weather warms who knows?

Still it's fun to go out with the flashlight and check. Breathing in the heady fragrance of the evening scented stock and Nicotiana is a wonderful experience.
I must check on our Monarch chrysalis. I have beets to harvest.

No comments: