Sunday, June 28, 2009

I'm Just Not Waiting Any Longer



I've been watching the Oregon Giants like a hawk. I know they could be more filled out. I waited until this afternoon to pick them so they had a little extra time to grow. Keeping the peas picked encourages the plants to continue to blossom. I do believe that keeping plants from producing seed lengthens their bloom cycle. Even if I didn't, this time it wouldn't have changed anything. Tofu with snow peas, ginger and toasted almonds is one of the fantastic summer meals meals we dream about when the snow covers the garden. Tonight's the night. We will have this particular meal lots of times in the next few weeks and we will always enjoy it, but after months waiting tonight will be sheer bliss.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Enjoy your meal, it sounds wonderful!

Jan said...

How wonderful that you can finally enjoy your favorite meal! How was it, by the way?! All of the waiting was well worth it, I hope;-)