Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Magnolia We Can Call Our Own


When we decided to plant a Magnolia soulangeana tree here, we knew we were pushing our luck. We tried to pick the perfect spot hoping that our magnolia would escape our late freezes and frosts.  Up until this year flowers have eluded us.  This year we were excited to see  eight promising buds.


One of Amy's favorite things is to stand under a magnolia tree and look up at the blue sky. Thistree is too small for that, but if you lie on the ground you can get the effect even if only in a small way.  We couldn't be more pleased with our little tree!

 

Close up the flowers are perfect in pink and white! I even caught a faint fragrance.


Visible out the bedroom window the magnolia can be savored like breakfast in bed.  At least for this year success has been ours!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hearty congratulations on your successful magnolia blossoms this year! I have two flowering trees on my wish list...a magnolia and also a flowering almond. Your post inspired me "to go for it!" Actually, there are lots of trees on my wish list..I think dogwoods would also be nice, but there are a couple down the road from us along Route 7, that I can enjoy whenever I pass by.