Saturday, January 16, 2010

To Buffa10 Or Not To Buffa10?



I've been on the fence about attending Garden Bloggers Buffa10. It runs from July 8 through July 11. It would be so easy to leave the garden now, but I did a search of 2009 to remind me what the garden I would be leaving for four days in July looks like. It's right in the middle of poppy season. Last year Ed started his garlic harvest on the eleventh.There's a lot going on here. Then there is the other thing, this blog has been my garden journal. Granted I have opened it up for the world to read, but only through a window whose view I control. Am I ready to take myself, and my "Not So Secret Garden" out of cyberspace and into the real world?




I've spent some great time in Buffalo in the past. Amy went to college there. Stefan, the Dracaena marginata is from Buffalo. I used to stop in the city at a big garden center to buy plants and pots that I could not find near home. I still have sweet woodruff and Blue Parrot tulips that came from there more than ten years ago. The Buffalo Botanical Gardens is an old friend that I would love to see again. I can't help wondering if the incredible wax native wildflower display is still in the science museum. It all sounds like so much fun! Deep down I know this is my chance. It's close enough to drive to Buffalo. I think I even remember the way. It's time to get off the fence and make those reservations. Becky from Plants and Stones is going to Buffa10!

3 comments:

MA said...

YAY!!!

Joyce said...

Oh with it being so close I would go. I bet it would be a great experience.

Dig, Grow, Compost, Blog said...

That's great! If you're close enough to drive, and you love to blog about your garden, you really have no excuse! :-) I went last year and it was great. I'm hoping the stars align so I can make it this year too (although Buffalo is a lot farther away than Chicago was!).