Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Cleaning


This is another guest photo taken by my daughter. (We had a wonderful visit!) I guess it's not a pretty picture. Some parts of gardening are not too pretty. The spring garden is frequently about clearing away the remains of the past (last year) to make room for the new growth of the present.

Obviously, I have some work to do here. It's a beautiful day today, and things have dried out a bit. I really can't face it while the plants are still slimy. I think this bed just might get my attention this afternoon. It's time to pull on those gloves, get my 5 gallon bucket, and collect all that dead plant material for the compost. After all, one of those dwarf iris that I am waiting impatiently for is in the neighborhood, and it deserves a nice clean background for it's photo op.

No comments: