Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Behold My Tuberose!



That's definitely a bud! Flowers are so close I can almost smell them. Of course I never have, so I really can't imagine the scent. My excitement is growing. If the weather holds, a picture of single tuberose flowers will be mine to take.

Today we saw a different kind of hawk perched in the cherry tree. He had a striped tail, and a speckled chest, Although we promised ourselves we would try to remember detail, we still can't identify the bird with any certainty. Migrating hawks are just one more indication of seasonal change here. The garden is surrounded with a yellow sea of goldenrod. Hummingbirds are still here, but the chickadees are back. In some ways this is my favorite time of year.

1 comment:

Alice Joyce said...

I found and lost your blog the other day! Now I'm back, thank goodness, to say that I tried tuberose the very first year of planting the California garden, but put it in a spot that was not fitting. Needless to say: Nada!
But in my dreams it flourishes and sends out its wonderful fragrance! Alice
aka Bay Area Tendrils
(p.s. we had dial-up for many years & my husband still uses it!)