Monday, December 28, 2009

Back To Winter



Our spring-like weather disappeared overnight.  I sat by the window this morning watching the snow fall.  With it comes icy roads, shoveling and plowing.  From the comfort of the living room, the scene is unbelievably beautiful.  As I sat drinking my coffee and staring out at the snow, a fox ran through the garden and up the hill into the trees.  Usually when we see a fox here he's moving slowly.  This fox ran with effortless speed and grace that was astounding.  I would hate to be a rabbit trying to escape such an animal, it would catch me for sure!  I've seen what I was pretty sure were fox tracks, but it was a thrill to catch even so short a glimpse of the animal.   He's so welcome here.  With all the rabbit tracks in the garden he can stop by for dinner every day if he wants.  He was too fast to get a look at his tail.  I don't know it it was white or black, but whether he's a red fox or a gray fox it's bunnies BEWARE!

No comments: