Friday, July 31, 2009

Bloom Where You're Planted !



It's the end of July and the garden is burgeoning with food, flowers, and weeds. Oh my do we have weeds! We have definitely lost control, not that we ever really had it. Yesterday, Ed and I tackled some badly needed weeding. "We have a red lupine!", I heard him exclaim from across the garden. I dropped what I was doing and went to see what he had uncovered. There it was, bent, and crooked from fighting for its place in the sun. But, its magnificent red blossoms were stunning! You have to admire a plant that produces such beauty in spite of everything.

As gardeners we can learn so much from plants. It's important to do your best to bloom even if conditions are not to your liking. It's fine to be a little bent and crooked but you if you can manage gorgeous red blossoms , put them out there. If you wait for conditions to be perfect, look at the beauty you will be missing!

4 comments:

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

That red Lupine is really pretty. Your header picture is just grand, full of blooms.

Jared said...

This is the best post I've read for a long time anywhere, and so beautifully illustrated, too! (I'm with Janet: I love your header image.)

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Another vote for that wonderful header picture Becky .. and YES ! flowers can turn up in very odd places can't they ? I love my red lupines too : )

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

I appreciate what you said about us learning from plants. I need to tell this to some of my friends who go through a very difficult time now. Thanks Becky!