Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Secret Pond

We finally had some rain and now it's nice. It's a perfect time to walk the path back to see the pond. There used to be some open water but that was before. Before I purchased a "tropical" waterlily that was guaranteed not to spread, and to die if not brought in for the winter. The water garden in question was having a going out of business sale, but I was still clueless. So I didn't bring it in, and it didn't die. It loves it here in Upstate New York. On the bright side it has greatly increased the frog population in the pond.

The yellow flag below was planted by us back at the water's edge. It looks gorgeous, but is spreading. I knew purple loose strife was a no-no, but I was not aware of yellow flag. So far it has been our experience when we try to plant things by the pond, either they grow like crazy or they die out because every thing else back there grows like crazy.

No comments: